Assisting in the prevention of work-related injuries and diseases, promote health and safety in the workplace and improve efficiency
About our service
The purpose of the occupational health (OH) service is to assist in the prevention of work-related injuries and diseases, promote health and safety in the workplace and improve efficiency.
This is a subscription service funded by de-delegated budgets agreed at Schools Forum.
What we offer
- Managing the efficient pre-employment health screening of all employees
- Conducting selective pre-employment medicals as required
- Liaising with employees, general practitioners and consultants as necessary and interpreting reports to managers
- Undertaking medical examinations from management referrals
- Conducting health surveillance where this is highlighted by the client under the management of health and safety at work regulations – which include the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) regulations and other relevant legislation or codes of practice
- Assisting in the prevention of work-related illness and injuries
- Assisting and facilitating an employee’s ability to return to work
- Providing advice and guidance on the medical aspects of health and safety legislation
Employee Assistance Programme
Your EAP is provided by Workplace Options, an expert provider of employee support services that is completely independent from your employer, the only information required from you is the name of your employer. Any additional information shared by the employee is at their discretion and appropriate to their needs. You can be assured that Workplace Options is bound by professional standards regarding confidentiality and the disclosure of details of individuals who have contacted the EAP.
Support is also available on your EAP website (www.workplaceoptions.com) by using the Waltham Forest unique login. Here you will find extensive resources, including high-quality, up-to-date articles, searchable databases, regular online seminars, and time-saving links. You can even instant message an EAP professional through our LiveConnect SM service. Just log on using your organisation's username and password.
The support is:
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Accessible by phone, email, through our website, and via instant messaging
- The provision of information and resources on a whole range of work, family, and personal issues