- To improve awareness of developmental stages
- To raise awareness of the need for monitoring development
- To share ideas and experiences to affect inclusive practice for SEND children in Early Years settings
- To provide practical strategies and advice to support assessment, monitoring and reviewing
- To be introduced to resources aimed at helping practitioners plan for children to achieve their full potential
This course is a free half day work shop on child Development, using the STEPS approach to assess and monitor EYFS children with emerging or identified Special Education Needs or Disability. The developmental tools used meet EYFS and SEND Code of Practice requirements.
Attendees will have an improved understanding of early child developmental milestones and identifying delay. Attendees will be able to use the STEPS approach to assess, monitor and plan for children with an identified or emerging SEND.
15 places. For all queries and booking please contact - EYtraining@walthamforest.gov.uk
Named SENCO or Assistant SENCO in Early Years settings