The aim of the training is to share practical teaching tips and ideas and enhance participants’ confidence to lead cooking activities with children and families in the primary school setting.
By the end of the session, participants will have;
- Considered the value and place of cooking activities in the primary curriculum and as part of a whole school approach to healthier food
- Reviewed the Food For Life food education award criteria
- Gained up to date information about health & safety issues
- Explored a range of classroom organisation and teaching techniques for manageable and effective practical lessons
- Practised a progressive approach to teaching food preparation skills
- Had the opportunity to ask questions
Lunch will be provided, made by participants as part of the course.
Dates/Times: (One of the following) Wednesday 24th April Wednesday 1st May Wednesday 8th May Time: All sessions run 9:00-3:15pm Venue: Enrichment Centre (Bridge Site), Woodside Primary Academy, Barrett Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 3ND
To book a place visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-teaching-cooking-confidently-training-tickets-58435754916 The password is Forest Please note there is a limit of 2 member of staff per school.