- How to understand progression across from Nursery to Year 6, breaking down the overall curriculum requirements into progressive steps
- How to balance the four skills listening, speaking, reading and writing
- How to assess pupil progress
Following the publicity around the Oxford Language Report: why closing the word gap matters we have designed an exciting training session with experts to ensure vocabulary is embedded in day-to-day practice. This programme explores key vocabulary development research by Beck et al. Bringing Words to Life and the recent Improving Literacy at KS1 and KS2 and Preparing for Literacy guidance from the EEF, sharing practical advice on how to translate research into everyday classroom practice.
- Understand and respond to spoken and written language from a variety of authentic sources
- Speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating what they want to say, including through discussion and asking questions, and continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation
To book please contact email@example.com OR book online https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/st-marys-teaching-school-16658733531 COST: £150 for schools £100 for St Mary's Teaching School alliance members
Maintained Primary & Secondary Schools, Academy Primary & Secondary and Nurseries