This drop-in will provide childminders the opportunity to come together with their children to enjoy fun activities linked to their children’s learning and development and strengthen friendships and links between other local childminders.
A childminding development worker from the Council will be running the session which will give all childminders regular access to support they may need.
There is no charge for FEEE-registered minders but there is a small fee for non-FEEE-registered minders of £1.50 for their first child and 50p for each additional child. If you would like to know more about registering to offer the FEEE please visit The Hub - https://thehub.walthamforest.gov.uk/education-borough/becoming-a-childcare-provider-in-waltham-forest/feee-provider-process.
On top of this we will be inviting professionals to attend these sessions. We recognise that childminders may sometimes find it hard to access services to support the needs of the children they care for. Therefore we will be inviting professionals such as Area SENCOs (Special Educational Needs Coordinators), Curriculum leaders, Speech and language therapists, Health visitors, Safeguarding advisors, Early Help advisors and FEEE officers to attend some of these drop-ins. A schedule of these visits will be available shortly.
Safeguarding and Child Protection Training for Childminders
• Roles and Responsibilities of Childminders for safeguarding and protecting children
• Meeting Ofsted Requirements: What needs to be in place in my setting?
• Sharing good practice: What works well in developing systems and procedures
• The legal framework for safeguarding and the requirements of EYFS
• Knowledge of types of abuse and possible indicators
• The thresholds for intervention and making referrals
• Best practice in responding to concerns, managing disclosures, recording and information sharing
• What happens following a referral
• Learning from reviews and understanding safeguarding risks
• Safer working practice and managing allegations against professionals
If driving, please ensure you leave enough time to find a car parking space as these are very limited in the immediate area. Also, as a courtesy to other attendees and the training lead, please arrive in good time for a prompt start - if you arrive more than 15 minutes late you may not be admitted and you may be charged the full cost of the course (£100).